The Dentists Collaborative takes your privacy seriously. We want to tell you about our privacy practices to protect you personal health information. We comply with all applicable state and federal laws, including any laws that impact our ability to use your health information for payment and operations.
We may also use information to:
- Recommend treatment alternatives
- Tell you about benefits and services.
- Communicate with family or friends involved in your case
- Communicate with other healthcare providers or business associates for treatment, payment, or health care operations. Business associates must follow our privacy rules.
- Communicate with the sponsor of your health plan.
Information We Share
There are limited times when we are permitted or required to disclose health information without your signed permission. These situations are:
- To protect victims of abuse or neglect for federal and state health oversight activities such as fraud investigations.
- For judicial or administrative proceedings.
- If required by law or for law enforcement.
- To coroners, medical examiners, and funeral directors.
- For specialized government functions such as national security and intelligence.
- To a correctional institution if your are an inmate.
All other uses and disclosures, not previously described, may only be make with your signed authorization. You may revoke your authorization at any time.
The Dentists Collaborative is required by law to:
- Maintain the privacy of you health information.
- Provide this notice of our duties and privacy practices.
- Abide by the terms of the notice currently in effect.
- We reserve the right to change privacy practices, and make the new practices effective for all the information that we maintain. Revised notices will be available to you.
You have the right to:
- Request that we restrict how we use or disclose your health information. We may not be able to comply with all requests.
- Request that we use a specific telephone number or address to communicate with you.
- Request (in writing) to inspect and copy your health information (fees will apply).
- Request (in writing) additions or corrections to your health information. Requests must be in writing.
- Request (in writing) to receive an accounting of how your health information was disclosed (excludes disclosures for treatment, payment, healthcare operations and some required disclosures, as well as disclosures that you authorize. Requests must be in writing.
- Obtain a paper copy of this notice even if you receive it electronically.
We do not give your financial information to any person or persons not affiliated with The Dentists Collaborative. It is important to us that you understand what financial information we gather and how we use it to administer your benefits and serve you better.
- Financial information– in order to provide your dental services, we may gather financial information about you from you, your employer, your plan sponsor, or your previous dentist: with respect to claims, co-payments, and premium payments.
- Security–In compliance with state and federal standards, electronic, procedural, and physical safeguards are in place to limit the collection and use of non-public information to the minimum necessary to provide you with quality products and services. Access to this information is limited to a “need to know” basis for our employees to perform their jobs. This applies to you whether you are a former or current patient.
If you would like to exercise your rights, or if you feel your privacy rights have been violated, or if you need more information, please contact us.